THE SISKIYOU TELEPHONE COMPANY
GOLDEN BEAR BROADBAND, LLC d/b/a Sisqtel.net
Effective Date: August 1st, 2010
Revised: July 6, 2017
2. WHAT ARE YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS? As a California consumer, you have a right to obtain a list of all personal information that Sisqtel discloses to related companies for marketing purposes or to unrelated companies for its own marketing purposes. Sisqtel may share personal information between its agents for its own marketing purposes, but does not disclose customers' personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may contact us at any time to request the general list of information shared and the companies among which it is shared (see below for contact information).
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU? We collect information about users of our products or services in the normal course of our business, and through our Site. When you visit or browse our Site, you may provide us with personal information that can be directly associated with a specific person or entity, website use information regarding a group or category of services or customers. We may also collect information from other sources and combine it with your account information.
3.1 Personal Information. We collect information you give us when you purchase, contract for, or use a Sisqtel product or services. We also collect additional information when you place a call on your phone. This information is used for billing purposes so you can be appropriately charged (and, in some cases, to investigate fraudulent usages). For example, we may collect:
E-mail address, content of e-mail messages, and responses
Credit card number
Other personal information (e.g., mother's maiden name)
3.3 Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to or combine it with your account information. For example, we may receive credit information when you subscribe to one of our plans. We may also use marketing information from third parties to help us better serve you, or inform you about other products or services. We sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources. We also receive information from agents from whom you purchase our products or services.
4. HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL AND WEBSITE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT? We use your personal and website use information in order to provide optimal customer service, engage in our business activities, and inform you about other products or services.
4.1 Use of Personal Information. We do not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with our products or services or to comply with laws. We may use your personal information to verify your identity, check your qualifications for services, or follow up with transactions initiated on our Sites. We may also use your contact information to send you additional information about Sisqtel. If at any time you do not wish to receive these communications, please let us know (see contact information below). When we use other agents, contractors, or companies to perform services on our behalf, we advise them that they are to protect your confidential information and not disclose such information except in limited circumstances.
4.2 Use of Website Information. We use aggregate information to analyze our Site' traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. We may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers, administer our Site, or display website content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
4.3 Use of Information to Protect Sisqtel and Others. We will disclose personal information only if required to do so by law, or in good-faith belief that we need to do so in order to (1) conform or adhere to legal requirements, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Siskiyou Telephone, Sisqtel or the users of our Sites, or (3) act in case of emergency to protect the safety of the public or users of our Sites.
5. CUSTOMER PROPRIETARY NETWORK INFORMATION (CPNI). Under federal law, you have the right and we have the duty to ensure the confidentiality of information about your telephone usage, the types of services purchased, who you call, bill summary, and current charges. This information is sometimes referred to as "Customer Proprietary Network Information" (or "CPNI"). We do not disclose this information to outside affiliates other than our authorized agents. Before we share your information with any person or entity other than our authorized agents (except as stated above), we will notify you of your rights under the law, describe how we intend to use the CPNI, and give you the opportunity to opt-out of such information usage.
6. CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT. Our Site is a general audience website, and we do not direct any content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of childrens' privacy online. We also recognize that many parents purchase products and services for family use, including use by children under 13, without our knowledge. Any information collected from such accounts would appear to us as the personal information of the subscribing adult customer, and will be treated as such under this Policy. If we make available offers and products online where a child informs us that he or she is under the age of 13, or we otherwise learn or have reason to suspect that a Site' user is under 13, we will ask a parent to confirm his/her consent in advance of further collection, use, or disclosure of personal information from that child. At any time, parents may review the personal information collected, ask to have it deleted, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child's information.
8. PRESENCE, LOCATION, AND TRACKING. If you call 911 for emergency services, we provide your location to a public safety answering location, emergency dispatch provider, fire services, law enforcement officials, or hospital emergency or trauma care facility. The law may permit us to disclose the location of a device on our network without a user's consent to (1) a user's legal guardian or member of user's immediate family; (2) database management services or information providers solely to assist in delivering emergency services; or (3) a government entity if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure without delay.
9. NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY. We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we cannot guarantee our ability to prevent loss, misuse, or alteration.
10. UPDATING THIS POLICY. Sisqtel may revise, amend, or modify this Policy from time to time. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted on Sisqtel's website, and/or on your start pages and/or by email and/or in mailings to your primary Sisqtel email account and will be effective on the date noted in the posting. This Policy may not be amended or modified by you except by means of a written document signed by both you and an authorized representative of Sisqtel. By continuing to use Sisqtel's services and products after the amendments are effective, you accept and agree to abide by them.
11. THIRD PARTY WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND COMPANY'S CONTROL. The Site contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, our Policy is no longer in effect. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies of other websites to ensure that you agree to their policies.
12. CONTACTING US. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning this Policy, please contact us at phone#: 1-530-467-6000 or 1-866-467-6001, e-mail us at email@example.com , or send any correspondence to
The Siskiyou Telephone Company
PO Box 157
30 Telco Way
Etna, CA 96027-0157
Our representatives will seek to contact you within 7 days of receiving your inquiry.