family & COMPANY history


A Tradition of Excellence Since 1896

COMPANY HISTORY

(continued)


The Company cut over the Somes Bar Exchange in 1974. This provided direct distance dial service to some customers who had never had a telephone before.


In 1974, we installed our first in-house main frame computer. This same year we upgraded our Fort Jones and Etna electromechanical offices to digital offices with the Fort Jones office equipped with operator positions.


In 1987 we upgraded 4 more electromechanical offices to digital offices and the 7th office in 1989 to prepare to go all single party. We also expanded and updated our outside plant and microwave.