family & COMPANY history


A Tradition of Excellence Since 1896

Siskiyou Telephone turns 100 in 1996.

The new headquarters building at 30 Telco Way, Etna.

COMPANY HISTORY

(continued)


In 1995 several major fiber optic projects were being installed in preparation for higher speed data services. Upgrades to the switching offices were installed for calling number delivery and other forthcoming features.


After six additions to our main office building in Fort Jones, we outgrew our ability to expand on that site. We constructed a new building in 1997 in Etna and relocated there.


At the turn of the century, we offered ISDN to most of our customers. A year later, DSL was introduced to support data speeds that were in demand.